The project objective is to use traditional stories to teach and learn through innovative methods. We will use new method (inquiry-based learning) and familiar method (outdoor education and discovery learning) to enhance children motivation to be active learners and in the same time increasing teachers professional competences.
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Outdoor activity with Legend of Rocha Beach
TOPIC: Fairy tales - using Portuguese legend of Rocha Beach
KID'S AGE: 6-7A
GOALS: Environment and me, language and speech, movement, art.
• The child listens to the Portuguese fairy tale "Legend of Rocha Beach."
• The child is enjoying activity on the beach and in the forest.
• The child can name a variety of fish species, flowers and various types of fruits.
• The child embodies different characters (fisherman, farmer, mermaid and fish, fruit, flowers, sand, sea, mountain) and plays through the story of a fairy tale.
• The child uses natural material at his own discretion.
• Fairy tale "Legend of Rocha Beach."
• Empty white papers and pencil.
• All natural materials that attract attention and can be used on the beach or in the woods.
• Go to the Pirita beach.
• Listen to the fairy tale.
• Analyzing fairy tales.
• Writing the fairy tales characters on the notes and everybody draws one.
• Embody your character.
• Discovering riches of the beach and selectively picking them.
• Discovering the riches of the forest and selectively picking them.
• Desired use of natural material.
Summary: The action turned out to be a fun adventure for a couple of hours on the beach and in the forest. We saved a jellyfish who was stranded on the sand and we also observed very active crow. We walked in wet long grass and compared the aroma of the beach with the scent of a forest. We enjoied becoming the characters and also playing the legend, and just the beauty of being in nature. With the girls we made so-called photo shoot titled - "Autumn decorations in the hair."